Alameda Pediatric Dentistry is growing! We’ve recently opened the doors to a brand new office in Oakland, right off of Broadway on Webster Street. Not only will this allow us to better serve Oakland residents, it anchors us in one of the most dynamic and diverse cities in the Bay Area.
We are excited about our new location and will be busy getting to know our neighbors and discovering all that Oakland has to offer. As avid supporters of active, healthy lifestyles, we encourage you to get out and about with your kids, too. In tribute to our new location, here’s a list of 10 fun things to do in Oakland with your kids this summer:
- Drop-in to Jake’s Discovery Garden at the Junior Center for Art and Science, with a picture window overlooking the lake and interactive toys for hands on gardening and cooking play. Afterward, visit the animals in the Science and Nature Lab.
- Seek out hidden labyrinths on a volcanic regional preserve, Sibley Park.
- Use Chabot Space and Science’s high-powered telescopes to view the night sky. Stargazing’s free every Friday and Saturday evening.
- Check out the Morcom Rose Garden’s seven acres of roses, walkways and greenery.
- Roll down Jack and Jill Hill in Fairyland.
- Shop for fresh fruits at the Temescal Farmers Market, then watch the kids frolic in Frog Park.
- Assemble the family for storytime at one of the Oakland Public Library branches.
- Fill up on delicious street food, followed by hula hooping and an outdoor flick at Bites off Broadway.
- Help feed the elephants at the Oakland Zoo.
- Express yourselves with paint and papier-mache at MOCHA.
Did we miss your favorite thing to do in Oakland with kids? Tell us about it!