Alameda Pediatric Dentistry has been based in the city of Alameda for over 40 years. Recently, the Movoto Blog declared Alameda one of the 10 smartest suburbs in the country. What makes our small town so smart?
After collecting data on 109 different U.S. suburbs, Movoto calculated braininess based on the following criteria:
- Colleges and universities per capita
- Public libraries per capita
- Museums per capita
- Percentage of students with bachelor’s degrees or higher
- High school graduation rate
- GreatSchools.org rating (based on test scores for the area)
Alameda shares company on the smart list with four other California cities: Santa Monica, Berkeley, Cupertino, and Seal Beach.
This isn’t the first time Alameda has garnered national attention. For two years running, America’s Promise Alliance declared the city one of the 100 best communities for young people. Among the island’s noted charms are:
- Ethnically diverse neighborhoods with over 36 languages spoken and all major world religions represented.
- The intimacy of a small town with the advantages of a world-renowned metropolitan area.
- Many projects and initiatives developed to empower youth, support their voice, and call them to action.
No wonder our practice hasn’t budged for nearly half a century! (Though we now have sister sites in Pleasanton and Oakland.) Today, many of our former patients bring their own children to the practice, and several even work here.
Got any stories of growing up in Alameda? Share them with our readers using the comments feature below!
Enjoy more posts about what makes Alameda so great:
Where in Alameda Does the Tooth Fairy Shop?
Dr. Bicuspid Pays a Visit to Alameda Pediatric Dentistry
Alameda Pediatric Dentistry’s “Woman Who Dares”
Give Kids a Smile Day at Alameda Pediatric Dentistry